Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Poetry: Promise


by: W@k0k0

We made a promise
Under a tree
We were still children then
We promised each other eternity

After that you had to leave
It gave me reason enough to grieve
That I had to face the world alone
Alone...and on my own
I waited and hoped

That you'd return someday
So we can go back to the days
When you were still there to stay
I never saw you againAnd you never saw the pain
Never wiped the tears
Never healed the heartbreaks while others mocked and leered

But you also gave me something
The pain made me braver
The tears made me stronger
The heartbreaks made me wiser

Days would pass without a thought of the past
But once in a while I remember
The joys of a lifetime?
The things that last?
They all happened because of you

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home